tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 28 21:21:14 1996

Re: KLBC

At 04:44 PM 8/25/96 -0700, Perry J. Brulotte wrote:
>> From: HoD trI'Qal <[email protected]>
>> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
>> Subject: Re: KLBC
>> Date: Sunday, August 25, 1996 2:23 PM
>> ..... I think this might have just been a
>> "brain fart", where you wanted -Daq, and just forgot to tack it on.
>(Hey,
>> it happens to the best of us {{:/ ).
>

><yab taQbang> vIneHbe'!

That is an interesting way to translate "brainfart"... I'd just leave it in
the English, and drop it in the sentence, though, because, ifI ran across
this without seeing the English first, I would be confused what you said.

neH pagh, 'ach rut vay' lIjlu'.

vay' Sovlu'ba'taHbogh lIjlu'chugh, vaj "brain fart" "experience"lu' net jatlh.

>Perry J. Brulotte
>De'loD

"Data man?"

>Hem tlhInganpu' Segh 'ej maHemtaH 'e' wIHech.

"The race of Klingons are proud, and we intend that we countiously are proud."

Hm... I have this sneaky feeling that this is from TKW... if it isn't, I'd
drop the <Segh>; it's kinda superfluous (I think).

--tQ

Translations:
------------
No one wants them, but sometimes, we forget things.
If what you forgot is something which you should already know, then we say
you         had a "brain fart".

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet
Klingon speaker and net junkie!
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level