tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 28 21:21:10 1996

Re: When to remove KLBC header

At 02:15 PM 8/25/96 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>qaSDI' 96-08-25 14:43:35 EDT, jatlh trI'Qal:
>
>> Okay, I KNOW I have seen a few more posts on this under the KLBC header.
> At
>>  this point, I am kicking you guy out. :)
>
>'e' DanIDmo', batlh bIHeghjaj!  {{:-)

mon trI'Qal neH, Hegh nuv nuq 'e' Sovchu'mo'... 'ej nuvvetlh ghaHbe'ba'!  {{:)

>Hmmm . . . okay, here's an "administrative" question.  The original topic is
>being sustained, although in a much more "debatable" fashion, yet the subject
>header still contains the KLBC marker.  Now, what I've always done is to wait
>until the BG reads the post, when it becomes Re: KLBC [whatever].
>
>At the qep'a' we discussed subject header rules for the mailing list, but
>didn't end up with anything definitive.  How do we know when to change it?
> Should we remove the KLBC marker as soon as we (anyone who is not the BG)
>reply to the post, perhaps?
>
>If you're going to yell at me, trI'Qaloy <grin>, then I think we've got to
>work out this system!  (Besides, who wants a female Klingon yelling at him .
>. . unless she's holding a brick . . . <growl> . . .?)

As soon as it becomes apparent that there is no "cut and dried" answer...
that BOTH sides have valid points, and/or there isn't enough canon to
emphacize one way or the other.

Waiting until the BG posts isn't always a good idea, because the begginner
could respond to their own post, and then I respond... and THEn you could
get started.  Bascially, if it looks like you are going to go head-to-head
with someone, take it out... like the "from/to" thing... I was expecting to
get into a much more involved debate (until I saw what charghwI' said), so I
took it out of KLBC.  I DID include the original header, so that if the
person who originally asked me about it wanted to follow what was said, they
could (and I hope they did).

>By the way, I only use smilies when making a joke.  When I mentioned that
>{'I'} and {nughI'} came from a source capable of using language, so what
>about using {chaH}, I attached a smilie.  Didn't mean for anyone to take that
>too seriously.  Sorry.

Ah... I'm sorry too.  You have to be kinda careful when you do that on the
list, because not everyone usus the things in the same way.  I'll keep it in
mind, though. {{:)

(I use 'em whenever I smile when I say something... because I know that
sometimes, I say something that can sound kinda harsh, but isn't meant that
way...)

>SuStel
>Stardate 96652.6

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet
Klingon speaker and net junkie!
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level