tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 27 19:53:12 1996

Re: translation of "nonbeliever"

(jang latlh 'e' Dachaw''a', trI'Qal?  jabbI'IDvamDaq KLBC tu'lu'be'.)

[email protected] writes:
>I am trying to translate "disbeliever" into Klingon.  This is my version:
>        Harbe'wI'
>This is roughly translated "one who does not believe."

I think that's about the best translation of {Harbe'wI'} that one can give.
It sounds pretty close to "nonbeliever" to me.

How about a couple of variations on the theme?

{HarHa'wI'} "one who disbelieves", i.e. who actively believes something
other than what a "believer" believes.

{HarQo'wI'} "one who refuses to believe", which I think is a better way
to translate "disbeliever".

ghunchu'wI' (Alan Anderson, professional programmer and amateur Klingonist)

Back to archive top level