tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 23 20:14:21 1996

RE: RE: RE: An offer you shouldn't refuse!

ghItlh Kenneth Traft:

>>>"{puqnI'} is clearly *grandchild*..."

>Actually I think the "grand child" angle is quite good (that cousin part
is
>another matter though).

If forced, I would think of puqnI' as niece/nephew: puq (child) and nI'
(sibling).  *However*, we have NO evidence of nI' meaning sibling or
*anything* else; all we have is be'nI' for sister and loDnI' for brother.

The fact that I had a *completely* different interpretation illustrates
the danger of making up words which seem perfectly logical: they may seem
perfectly logical *to you*, but others may not share your interpretation.

pagh

Back to archive top level