tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 23 09:04:09 1996

Re: British Klingon! (Interview with Okrand)

>Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 14:56:30 -0700
>From: Niall Hosking <[email protected]>

>> Following on with the premier British television magazine 'Radio Times'
>> doing a special for Star Trek's 30th Anniversary, they have published a
>> special 168 page book for the price of #6.99 pounds sterling. In it, is

Well, I'm psyched; my friend from England should be arriving this afternoon
(despite a delayed flight), and he says he got me a copy.

>Tomorrow I'll post the Klingon included in the Radio Times magazine
>itself...nothing stunning, just stuff from TKD. Nice to see the language
>getting treated responsibly though, nad not derided as a 'waste of time'
>or 'sad trekkieness'. Okrand's article says quite a bit about how he
>loves the way the language encourages people to be more interested in
>languages in general, particularly Terran ones.

I wonder if it would be a copyright problem if I tried out my new OCR
software on some of those Klingon-related articles....

~mark

Back to archive top level