tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 22 18:04:28 1996

Re: Klingon dialects

On: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 "A.Appleyard" <[email protected]> wrote:

>  The non-Okrand (non-Maltz) Starfleet transcriptions for Klingon names make
>me wonder just how some Klingons actually pronounced their language.
>  (0) Forms like p'takh = petaQ, bregit lung = bIreqtagh, K't'inga =
>qIt'Inga', suggest that weakening or dropping unstressed wowels was common.

Haven't I mentioned it already in April while discussing the pronounciation
of {tera'ngan} and {Worf}?

I don't want to say that I intend to come back to THAT discussion.

macheq

macheq noychoH jemtoQ

Lasciate ogni speranza voi qu'entrate ...