tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 21 14:37:59 1996

Re: baS tuj pe'wI'

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996 14:07:41 -0700 "Mark E. Shoulson"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> >Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 05:55:49 -0700
> >From: "A.Appleyard" <[email protected]>
>
> >  # = by A.Appleyard.
> >  % = by "Mark E. Shoulson" <[email protected]>
> >  Please where is a list of those CD-ROM words?
> >  What does {bey'} mean exactly? It wasn't in the latest list of "words not in
> >TKD" that I found on kli.org's WWW site.
>
> It's in a recent HolQeD; I know charghwI' is working on incorporating them.

I did not put {bey'} on the list because on the CD, the
word is never listed alone. It is always listed as the
second word of a noun-noun construction, and I've been a
little hesitant to generalize specifically because in
compound words, Okrand has warned us NOT to generalize, and
I see a small step from a compound word to a noun-noun
construction. You will find all the {X bey'} examples given
on the CD ROM in the Exceptional Word list. I'm simply not
sure that {bey'} has a meaning on its own.

> ~mark

charghwI'

Back to archive top level