tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 18 09:52:14 1996

Re: RE: RE: KLBC?: De'wI' mughghachmey (Computer Translations)

Well, aren't you just "The Clever One".  ;)

Of course, "ghItlhbogh jan" is probably a more EXACT translation, but I
also agree that "ghItlhwI'" is a more friendly translation.  And, I know
when I click the "ghItlhwI'" icon on my Start Menu that I am going to a
thing which prints, not some little man in the computer that I am
activating that will print for me.  And when I choose the "ghItlhwI'mey
De'ghom" icon, I will get my "printers folder".  I like "ghItlhbogh jan"
better, but it would make my menus WAY too big for my comfort.

Dochvetlh 'oH cha' DeQmey.

Perry J. Brulotte
De'loD
SuvmeH 'ej charghmeH bogh tlhInganpu'.
[email protected]

----------
> From: valwI' <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: RE: RE: KLBC?: De'wI' mughghachmey (Computer Translations)
> Date: Sunday, August 18, 1996 11:52 AM
>
> >Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 17:49:57 -0400
> >From: "d'Armond Speers" <[email protected]>
>
> >Of course, /ghItlhwI'/ means "thing which prints" as much as it means
"one
> >who prints."  For clarity, my first impulse would have been /ghItlhbogh
> >jan/, but I like the terseness of /ghItlhwI'/.  Sort of parallels
/So'wI'/:
> >do you think of the officer whose job it is to through the cloaking
device
> >switch, or the cloaking device itself?
>
> <cloaking device> Hechba' <So'wI'>- wa' Doch 'oSchu'. Doch law' 'oSlaHmo'
> nuv mISmoHlaH <ghItlhwI'> (ghItlhbogh nuv, ghItlhbogh jan, "writing
> utensil", "typewriter"). SoHvaD mu'vam Dalo'DI', wIv QaQ <ghItlhwI'>.
'ach
> latlh nuv DajatlhDI', mu' pIm Dalo'chugh Duyajchu'.
>
> -- valwI'

Back to archive top level