tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 14 22:15:16 1996

Re: KLBC: History....

At 10:11 AM 8/14/96 -0700, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
>>Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 21:37:00 -0700
>>From: dpNoll <[email protected]>

>>> yay is a noun, not a verb, so you can't tack the verb-suffix "-wI'" on it.
>>> Isn't this very sentence translated in TKW?  As something like "qun luqon
>>> charghwI'pu'" or something?
>
>>Yep. Page 179, translated as {qun qon charghwI'pu''e'}, or "CONQUERORS record
>>history".
>
>Hmm, wonder why it's not "luqon."
>
>~mark

Me too... Clipped Klingon?  I could see this being used on the bridge, as
the HoD reminds the crew that they are supposed to be trying to WIN here,
not provide a target drone for those lousy romuluSngan petaQpu'...

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet
Klingon speaker and net junkie!
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level