tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 14 14:59:13 1996

Re: tlhIngan Hol chu' jIH

>> Doesn't {HIghItlhneS} express roughly the same idea?  That is, it says
>> something like "Do me the honor of writing to me", which seems very similar.

> Yes, HIghItlhneS carries much the same meaning to my mind.

I just forgot something myself.  {HI-} implies a direct object of "me", right?
Well, since, I am not telling you to write _me_, but _to_ me, perhaps this
should really be {jIHvaD yIghItlhneS}, "Do me the honor of writing, for/to me".

I just didn't think of that when I originally wrote that other phrase.

Qapla'
| Daniel Noll, Truth Seeker               |
| [email protected]             |
| http://cssa.anu.edu.au/Members/dnoll/   |
| pagh yIvoq                              |

Back to archive top level