tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 12 00:39:09 1996

Re: translation

>> "Destroying the Federation is our Honour."
>> I've tried like this, but I think it's not correct: "Qaw' DIvI' batlh maH"

> {batlh maH} is in the wrong order for the intended meaning and as it stands
> means "we who belong to honour".

A more sensible interpretation of {batlh maH} would be "we are, with honor".

How about {DIvI' wIQaw' 'e' 'oH batlhmaj'e'}?

Nah, you're right. That'd make 'e' a subject, which it can't be. Oh, well.

Qapla'
| Daniel Noll, Truth Seeker               |
| [email protected]             |
| http://cssa.anu.edu.au/Members/dnoll/   |
| pagh yIvoq                              |

Back to archive top level