tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 11 07:32:10 1996

Re: Cautions and Perspectives (WAS: An offer you shouldn't refuse!)

[Virginia's inquiry on philology v. linguistics, commentated by Crow]
[...]
> so virginia raises an interesting point.  however, I don't see how one
> could be both, for natural tendencies cause oneself to lean towards one
> method of understanding.  So whichis more important?  the quantity of
> quality of the understanding? >

I see. Altho, it would at least pay to be some of the other, and not
purely of the one single breed. What are the credentials of a mechanic
who doesn't actually know how to drive?

I'm still amazed at how much dodging is done to avoid saying that pIn tIn
uses bad Klingon. (Or maybe most just haven't taken a firsthand look at
his Alien Language Primer)(icky!).

Guido

Back to archive top level