tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 08 09:09:48 1996

Re: TKD Question

>Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 20:55:15 -0700
>From: Daniel Peter Noll <[email protected]>

>> I couldn't actually find {-ghach} in the TKD, I thought it was used to turn
>> verbs into nouns, that's why I put the {-Ha'} after {-ghach}

>{-ghach} is in the addendum to TKD, does indeed turn verbs into nouns, but
>is a type 9 suffix anyway, so as far as I know no other suffix, including
>rovers, can come after it.

Yes... -wI' is similar in these respects, differing in semantics.  Though
of course, as has been pointed out, once the verb has been made into a
noun, you can then add NOUN suffixes to it (I recall canon "baHwI'pu'lI'":
your gunners.)

~mark

Back to archive top level