tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 08 01:10:45 1996

Re: KSRP: Klingon animals

  "Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen" <[email protected]> wrote (Subject: KSRP:
Klingon animals):-
> ... With respect to Klingon animals (such as they are), which do you believe
> would make a better witch's familiar, a 'er or a Qa'?  Or do you have a
> third suggestion? ...

 (0) What information is there about what 'ermey and Qa'mey are like? What
episode or whatever do they occur in?
 (1) The "Kahless" book named these new species of Qo'noSian animals:-
  cob'lat = a big predatory animal? ("cob'lat's share" seems to mean "lion's
share" p140)
  kraw'za = a species of black carrion-eating bird p43 (pl. kraw'zamey)
  minn'hor = a species of domestic & wild animal like an ox, pulls the plough,
makes milk p43 (pl. minn'hormey)
  pherza = a species of stinging wasp p61,p271 (makes wax p152)
  s'tarahk = a species of riding animal p22 (pl. s'tarahkmey p24) [Is this the
same as the "sark" mentioned in a Star Trek encyclopedia that I have?]
  yolok = a species of worm p94
 (2) The "Kahless" book p64 says "sneaking about like {p'tahkmey}". This means
that the original root meaning of {petaQ} (rather than as a general insult)
may have been some sort of furtive person or animal.

Back to archive top level