tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 05 09:24:08 1996

KLBC: Trouble with {-moH} again... was Re: pong duj (again)

At 12:52 PM 31/7/96 -0700, ~mark wrote:

As answer to the statements made by ~mark, I wanted to say some tlhIngan
Hol. I still have trouble with the type 4 suffix {-moH} "cause".

>I'm not an expert, but I recall several instances of named Klingon ships.
>Riker served aboard a ship called the "pagh" (coincidental homophony with
>"nothing"?  Intentional meaning?  who knows);

HIja'
{pagh} vIQubmoH, 'aH 'oH {pagh} ({pagh} causes me to think it's paraphernalia)

>Gowron's ship is called the
>bortaS in the CD-ROM and maybe elsewhere.

HIja'
{bortaS}'e' DaSov DuleghmoH <ST> (ST causes you to know the {bortaS})
gowron 'oH, bortaSDaj'e' (It is Gowron, the Bortas is his)
(How would one say that the Bortas belongs to Gowron??? Would this be
correct???)

>'ach pongmey DIyajchu'be'.  Huj pongmey: DIvI' Hol pongmey tlhIngan Hol
>pongmey je.  motlhbe' chutchaj.

maj

>~mark

beHwI"av