tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 02 09:31:28 1996

Re: Nitrogen [KLBC]

>Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 06:37:37 -0700
>From: Daniel Peter Noll <[email protected]>

>Tee-hee!! chegh <voqHa'wI'>!!

>> meQSIp?
>    .. Oh, acetylene?
>> .. lots of gasses burn (even as lots make you choke, but Nitrogen gets
>>     the name.  Does Nitrogen really make you choke?  I mean, I breathe
>>     it all the time, mixed with oxygen and stuff).

>Aaah.... ghobe',  voQbe' [N], 'ach voQbej [NO2]!

Darn, transitivity problem again.  Would you say that nitric oxide chokes?
It does in the sense that it makes you choke, but not in the sense that it
holds its throat and gasps.  But which does "voQ" mean?  We don't know.  My
unsupported feeling is that it means to hold one's throat and gasp, and
what nitric oxide does is "voQmoH."  FWIW.

~mark

Back to archive top level