tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 21:08:05 1996

Re: New Method for Superlative?

charghwI' writes:
>> And on page 121 he writes <bortaS nIvqu' bortaS'e'>, which he
>> translates as "Revenge is the best revenge".
>
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>Qu'vatlh! Whose side is this guy on? We now have the use of a
>stative verb used transitively in a parallel construction to
>the use of pronouns with an explicit subject.

Or it might simply be an error, and an intended {'oH} was lost.
This one is different enough from what we would expect that I
suggest we hold off even debating this until we can ask Okrand
for an explanation of the grammar behind it.