tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 08 12:07:37 1996

qaSovlu' jIneH & KLBC

HI, I would like to introduce mylself.

My first name is Maciej <machey'> which is Polish for Matthias. More
often we use the form Maciek <macheq> which is in the similar relation
to Maciej as Bill is to William. As the latter form of my name has more
than frequently been pronounced by my American friends as [magic]
<majIq>, I think (hope!) Matt <majIq> is my namesake.

My second name, Stanislaw <SIta'nISlav> I TRANSLATE (yes! many
of the Slavic first names do translate pretty well) as noychoHlu'wI'.
The last name Zieba <jemba'> being that of a bird I "translate"
as <jemba'toQ>. Is it correct? <toQ> seems to be a "bird of prey", so not
exactly "any bird", but nevertheless).

I am NOT a Star Trek fan but rather that of languages. So far I have learned
several, out of which 14 with more or less success. I was working as professor
of Eastern philosophies (Indian for the most) at the Catholic University of
Lublin, but now since 1991 I serve as Consul of Poland in Montreal.

Well, at least I haven't been ST fan until I have discovered that it is a
wonderful world with plenty of new languages!

Having found TKD in a bookstore I have immediately fallen in love with
tlhIngan Hol (I was unable to say: The blood of the warrior grows cold),
and next I have bought CK and PK k7's (that's French for casettes).
Finally I have dropped on you.

For the last three weeks I have been observing the tlhIngan Hol mailing
list and now the time has come for me to introduce myself.
Unfortunately, due to the overfascination with the Klingon on the Internet
I have caused my personal account closed till 1st of May (having
downloaded all the KLI files at once etc.) So no I am using
(moderately) the mailbox of my Consulate.

I don't have enough time to read and take part in all discussions
immediately. Therefore please forgive me, all of you, if I return
form time to time to a discussion that hase taken place several
days before. Thanks to Easter I have found time to read and write a bit
more.

DaH nuQneH?

macheq

lasciate ogni speranza voi qu'entrate

Dr. Maciej St. Zieba                      Consulat General de Pologne
tel. (514) 938-0700 (home)                1500 ave des Pins Ouest
fax. (514) 937-7271                       Montreal  QC  H3G 1B4
e-mail [email protected]              tel. (514) 937-9482, ...81
(temporarily out)                         e-mail #[email protected]