tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 31 20:42:59 1995

Re: A new Klingon word?

At 09:04 PM 3/31/95 -0500, R.B Franklin wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Mar 1995, Joel Anderson wrote:
>
>>  > The word is Jat'yIn.  I'm usually hesitant to accept every Klingon word
>>
>> What is the source of the spelling?  Actually if you change it to
>> "jatyIn" you get a compound word, C: jatyIn: tongue | life, which
>> actually could make some sense, if you think of "possession" by a
>> ghost as giving "life" to a "tongue" once stilled by death.
>
>That spelling is from Okuda's Star Trek Encyclopedia.  The spelling is
>part of the problem, if the word was spelled using standard tlhIngan Hol
>orthography, I would be much more willing to accept it as a tlhIgnan Hol
>word.

qatlh ghItlhHa' *ST  Encycloedia*?
TKD lulo'be' ghItlhwI'pu'. 'ach *closed captioning*  lulo'law' 'ej
mu' *sounds* lulo'law'.

BTW qatlh tlhIngan Hol lo' nuvpu' law'?

Dbarron

         David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
                         Klingon Language Postal Course
                            PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
                 IT'S FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                       Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

         David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
                         Klingon Language Postal Course
                            PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
                 IT'S FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                       Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level