tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 29 05:21:43 1995

Whose to be the new BG?

For what its worth:

On Wed, 29 Mar 1995 01:54:30 -0500
"R.B Franklin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Mar 1995, William H. Martin wrote:

,...snip...>

>> I think yoDtargh ought to be the next BG. He has shown both the
>> energy and the skill level appropriate for BG, and while he may
>> not be up for full Grammarian level of skill, part of the idea
>> of BG as rotating position is that when you have to respond to
>> several posts a day about Klingon grammar, etc. you quite
>> naturally get better at it. My skills with the language have
>> accumulated mostly during my stint as BG.
>
>When you nominated me for the post, and naQ'avwI' seconded it, I offered
>to do it.  That was over six weeks ago and I still haven't heard any
>kind of response.  I've always assumed ~mark had the authority to
>appoint a BG.  I can only speculate that either ~mark doesn't feel my
>Klingon skills are up to the task or he has been considering other people
>for the job and he just hasn't made up his mind who to select yet.
>
>I don't mind if someone else becomes BG if they want the job really bad.
>I just think they need to choose one soon.  Traffic on the list has
>almost ground to a halt and I think the recent lull in activity is
>partially attributable to the current vacancy of the BG position.

As a begining student of the tlhIngan Hol, I have read with interest the
grammer (corrections/policing/criticizing) /choose one/ of several (IMHO)
well qualified "Grammerians". If this were left up to a voting process, I
would be very hard pressed to choose between charghwI', yoDtargh, or ~mark.
If the position is truly rotational, I look forward to seeing charghwI' as
BG again (I still don't know why he reminds me so much of Jim Henson, must
be the beard). Both yoDtargh and ~mark are (again IMHO) well qualified to
reign as BG as successors to charghwI'neS, but I would like to throw my
vote for yoDtargh as BG for this term.

Better yet, how about a ballot and the list can vote on it?

{Steve shuffles off to the coffee machine chanting "yoDtargh, yoDtargh,
yoDtargh" as the Secretary checks her roledex for the number of the "Rest
Home" and his co-workers begin asking if I'm a part-time postal
employee....}

      vay' yIHub Hoch 'ej Hoch tIHub vay'
                                          - DumaS
vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Steve Weaver       [email protected]

Back to archive top level