tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 04 02:26:20 1995

Re: To: Wouter Re: qagh, Romulan Ale and ro'qegh'Iwchab -reply

Hi Wouter,

> < > < > < > Of course a klingon meal can
> < > < > < > not be absent on such an occasion. I thought of preparing the
> < > < > < > following food/drinks:
> < > < > < >
> < > < > < > qagh: As terragnanpu' are a bit squemish about eating live worms, I'll
> < > < > < > simulate them by using red colored spaghetti and Danish shrimps (very
> < > < > < > small thus very buglike shrimps).
> < > < > < Hmm, I think I'd prefer the real thing to spaghetti..
> < > < > Yes, but not everyone is that positive about eating live worms :)
> < > < Hehehe, I'm not too kean on worms but I hate spaghetti :)
> < > Bami then?
> < Whats Bami?
> A Chinese dish (at least at out local Chinese :). Looks like flattend
> spaghetti.
Oh right.

> < > < > I'm thinking about trying it another way:
> < > < > I'll cut some jelly-pudding to ribbons (to simulate the slippery worms)
> < > < > and put them in milk or yoghurt.. This all with red food coloring of
> < > < > course..
> < > < > They tried something like this at the SF meal here, and it seems to be
> < > < > very tasty but to really sliver down your troat.
> < > < Hmm, sounds good but I suggest you add a bit of spice or alcholol, I don't
> < > < think that plain jelly in milk will quite have the right atmosphere and
> < > < taste of gagh
> < > I'll think about the spice, but I do not think it is a good idea to add
> < > alcohol that early in the evening... they get Romulan Ale enough later
> < > on :)
> < I suppose, when we have a social gathering in the N.E. of England - we do
> < things real strong :)
> Yes, we also, but not if we want to see all the episodes. Don't take me
> wrong though, we drank only 48 bottles of beer and about 2 liter of
> Romulan Ale (with 15 people, this is not much).
Of course, well I don't think you said that you were going to watch episodes
too.

> < > Yes, but as it is not a group of friends (i.e. several are not known to
> < > us) partying, it is not so good an idea to make it TOO alcoholic...
> < Ha! Call yourself Klingons?? :)
> I do, the rest don't :)
Heheh, were they just in it for the party?

> < > < > < > I promise I'll mail a report of the evening ASAP :)
> < > < > < Hmm, I'd rather come but I live abit far away!
> < > < > Just jump in the water now and start swimming, you'll make it on time
> < > < > :)
> < > < Haha, don't tempt me, besides I think I've missed it nw haven't I.
> < > < Hmm, next time I'll be ready...a new world record in swimming speeds
> < > < perhaps.
> < > Nope, it's 2/3/1995 (stardate 05169.8). So you still have 2 days :)
> < On my way?!?!
> < How did you figure that stardate...is it a standard method for the KLI
> < Mailing List?
> < If not, perhaps we should set a standard.
> The first digit is the century (20-century = 0, 25-century=5).
> The second digit is the season.
> Rest is the part of the year (????th day/365 * 100).
> The digit after the point is the part of the day (8/10 == approx 18.00)
Yeah, I heard that the production team used a similae method. So thats how
you got your dates beginning with 0. What about the season - we only have
5(?) and exactly 12 months so what do you use?

> < Am I right in thinking that youre from Holland???
> We prefer it as The Netherlands, but yes.
Ok then, The Netherlands. Why do you prefer that?

> < Hmm, I just seem to remember someone being from there.
> < If you do live there, I thought you would be going all out, you know a real
> < loud, rousy party.
> < At least, thats the image we all get of Holland here.
> Of course we can party here too, but this was more of a 'get together
> and look StarTrek episodes'.
So which was your favourite? Did you watch ALL the Klingon episodes?
I like "A Matter of Honor", where Riker served on the klingon ship but I
know there were loads of much better ones.
Don't you think Gowron is great the way he keeps his eyes so open - he looks
quite creepy for a Klingon.

Oh well, glad you enjoyed your party.

Qapla'

|   Lt.Cmdr. Karl Dyson   |            \ \      / /   ~
|[email protected]|==========/~~` `~~~~~~~|   Chief Science Officer

Back to archive top level