tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 29 15:06:14 1995

Re: This book I just got, part 2

>Well, it's *partly* true... (a little knowledge is a dangerous thing).
>"-mey" is the pluralizer for general use (i.e. for things that aren't
>sentient beings or body-parts).  However, it is correct to use it instead
>of the sentient-being pluralizer "-pu'", and if you do, it carries a
>meaning of "scattered all about" (using it in place of "-Du'" is poetic and
>I won't talk about it here).  So "puqpu'" means "children", while "puqmey"
>means "children all over the place."

 They're talking about food that is called 'rrotmey' (they have it in all
caps) it says exactly
  " these mall (I assume it's a typo for small) fried grubs look like brown
spheres. They are difficult for tourists to avoid. The suffix "mey" in their
name means "scatterad all about"  The finger foods are served at any Klingon
gahtering.
  the delicious food is the nearest klingon equivalent to Terran "popcorn"
Much of thier flavor comes from acid. The acid prodeces a pleasant, warm
feeling in Klingons. It burns a hole through the stomach linging of non
klingons. While not immediately fatal, 'rrotmey cause great pain. Unless
medical attention is immediate, a handful of Klingon "popcorn" will be the
last thing you eat "

Anyway....

Jim

Back to archive top level