tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 28 15:41:22 1995

Re: IRCs and batlh'etlhmey

> Hi all!
>
> I am really new to all this Klingon stuff, and I hope you'll excuse this
> (probably really dumb) question...
>
> What exactly *is* a batlh'etlh????

A batlh'etlh (or batleH) is a curved Klingon "sword". Worf plunged one
into the chest of another Klingon when his sweetheart was killed.

Likewise, Quark almost used one to defend himself against another Klingon
untill his Ferengi instincts took hold of him. He cowered.

It measures 116cm tip to tip, is curved with three hand grips in the
center so it has TWO fighting points. the major blade is sharp on the
concaved (inside ) curve. It further has a second
and smaller curved blade within
the larger one making that FOUR fighting points.....Trust me, my words do
it no justice. It is a visious looking weapon. "Can you say "naS"?"

 bInajtaHvIS DuSuchjaj qeylIS
david
aka DaraQ

--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level