tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 25 14:41:36 1995

Critiques, please...

Here's an old log I wrote for my Star Trek sim.  I didn't go through it and
double check it, but my Captain was impressed with it when she got it..
(Don't mind Barrow's accent .. I get a kick out of writing that way.) The
translation from English to Klingon isn't word-for-word, but I did the best
I could to maintain the general gist of things from one to the other.
Kindly look it over and tell me what you think, yes? :)

----------------------------FKA302.LOG---------------------------------------

Computer, begin recording.

Helm Officer's Log: Stardate 9503.01
Federation Standard version.
Lieutenant Sarah Barrows Recording.

    Well, the only thing interestin' that 'appened today was that
Commodore Kragg Zarr came ta visit. Seemed ta me that he and the
"tour guides", KiploH, Glock, and Glow, spent an awful lot 'o time
down in Engineerin', when they coulda been checkin' out the Bridge,
where I was at (as usual).  But they eventually made their way up ..
boy, the Commodore was mighty impressive!  Found out I need ta brush
up on Klingon society 'an whatnot ... 'an get me bloody ranks straight!
Lucky 'e didn't slice me in two fer bunglin' 'is rank ... who'd expect
ta call a Klingon Commodore a Cap'n and live ta tell about it?!
    The Commodore said 'e'd send me some info on current Klingon
stuff, 'an I snatched it outta the mail queue soon as I saw it.  Guess
I got a lot 'o readin' ta do...
    Guess tha's all what needs ta be told fer now ... Computer, end log.

yIqontaH De'wI'.

QonoS DeghwI'wIj: Hutvagh paghwa' jaj
Sar tlhIngan Hol.
qontaH Sarah Barrows Sogh.

  DaHjaj qaS wa' DochDaj; nuSuch totlh Kragg Zarr. jonta'pa'Daq poHnI'
ratlhpu' ghomDaj jIQubpu'. meH SuchtaH lumImpu' KiploH je Glock je Glow.
totlh vIlegh pawDI' 'ej Dojqu' jIQubpu'. jIghojnIS nugh tlhIngan vItu'pu'.
bong Sa' vIpongpu' 'ej Qay'pu'be' jIDo'pu'.
  De' nugh tlhIngan mungeH lay'pu' 'ej vIleghpu'DI' vISuqpu'. DaH De''a'
vIlaD vIghaj.
  ja'nISlu' Hoch vIja'ta'... qontaH yImev.

Back to archive top level