tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 22 07:49:01 1995

Re: "It was raining hard"

>In that case, translating ANYTHING is bound to be a fruitless exercise.
>Seriously, Jim, fall back on simple sentences.  VERY simple ones.  Tell us
>about things that are happening in your life.  Don't try to translate songs
>until you find that you're nearly thinking in Klingon.  Even then, I'd be
>happier if you created a NEW song instead of "copying" an existing one.

  I guess I should have explained a little better, I know english, the
problem is I have is identifiying the different types of sentence structure.
Although from me translating things, and asking you all for help, I can
clearly see what you mean by 'thinking in Klingon' and that I'm working on
too. Simple object-verb-subject sentences I have no problem with. I may be
trying to skip the intermediate and jump to advance (which I tend to do with
alot of stuff)

Qapla!

Jim

BTW: here's what I've got of the song so far.

 It was raining hard in 'Frisco,
 *'Frisco* jevlI' 'oH

 I needed one more fare to make my night.
 DaHjaj ram jImevpa' leng DIl raQpo' latlh 'e' vIpoQ

A lady up ahead waved to flag me down,
muvIHta' be' jImev

 She got in at the light.
 elta' be' jImevDI'