tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 21 12:13:46 1995

Re: That's my name, don't use it up.

>Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 12:33:16 -0400
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected]

>>I agree with ~mark and would use something like {rI'Hul}.

>Yes, but I really dislike the <rI> sound.  If you guys have a hard time rolling
>your r's, how in the world do you get through the sexual attraction growls?
>{{:-)  >

Well, first of all it's the female sex-growl that's a trill, and that one's
a uvular trill anyway (which I can do fine).  It's basically Klingon "gh".
The "r" is supposedly a lingual trill (tho Okrand often uses a back sound),
which is what I can't really do.

>r'Hul
>It's my name and I'm sticking to it.

maj. Don't let us bully you.