tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 20 01:20:23 1995

Re: "It was raining hard"

>> I needed one more fare to make my night.
>> mevpa' jIH Qav jIH DIl nuv vISuqnIs

If the above way was the best way to say "I needed one more fare to make my
night" would the sentence structure be ok?  My thinking on it was that since
there is no 'fare' in tlhIngan Hol, the "Qav jIH DIl" should be all together
and act like the verb, with "I needed" as the subject and "before I could
stop" as the object. Is that the right way to think about it?

>Don't forget your verb prefixes, you would say
>{jImevpa'} instead of {mevpa' jIH}.
>
>You could say:
>DaHjaj ram jImevpa' leng DIl raQpo' latlh 'e' vIpoQ.
>(Before I stop tonight, I require that another passenger pays for a trip.)

 Ok, thanks!

Qapla!

Jim

Back to archive top level