tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 17 00:26:46 1995

Re: Beowulf

> >>   toH!  jaj tIQ HoS qumwI'pu' la'mey *Dene-mo' DIQoypu', toDuj luqeqbogh
> >> joHpu'vetlh tIgh'e'.
>
>  Can I ask what the * in the above sentence stands for or represents?
>
> Qapla!
>
> Jim
> [email protected]

  It means the following word is not found in TKD or any other wordlist.
In this case Dene is a collective noun meaning the Danish people.  I
understand this is one technique for marking words that cannot be
considered canonical to the Klingon language.

yIpIv!

Andrew

--
 Life is short,                            [email protected]
 ...so am I.

Back to archive top level