tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 16 10:17:42 1995

Re: Beowulf

On Fri, 16 Jun 1995, Heidi Wessman wrote:
> > I dunno... The so-called "Honor Danes" sit around *crying* because their
> > friends died fighting !?  Their leader is too old to fight any more, yet
> > they still obey him?!

Maybe we should not look at "crying" in such a negative light.  You're
taking a modern 90's definition of crying.  A town "crier" wasn't a
dishonorable thing.

Also, Klingons *do* cry at the death of a comrade.  We've seen this in
TNG and a number of the novels.  I imagine a modern 21st century
translation of Beowulf would have "yell" instead of "cry"....

Dave.

Back to archive top level