tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 15 14:47:34 1995

Re: This and that

According to Matt Gomes:

> qaghItlhneS:
>
>   I'm trying to make sure I understand how to say a couple things:
>
> That is correct
> lugh Dochvetlh
>
> That is good
> QaQ Dochvetlh
>
>   Those sound right?  If not... what does?
>
> -M

Technically, these are okay. The problem is that we do not know
that {Doch} carries all the meanings of the English "thing". It
may very well only refer to physical objects. This leaves us
changing "this" and "that" into words that specify what we are
talking about, like {lugh qechvetlh} and {QaQ ghu'vetlh}.

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \