tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 14 09:29:01 1995

Re: tlhIngan name for Elizabeth

On Wed, 14 Jun 1995, Elizabeth C. Hoyt wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jun 1995, M.W._van_Arkel wrote:
> > nuqneH Liz,
> > A good way for creating a tlhIngan name is to translate the meaning of your
> > name.
> Thanks for the tip, but Elizabeth means `consecrated to God' and I'm not
> sure how that would come out in tlhIngan!

mu'ghomwIj vIghajbe', but there are many words similar in meaning to
'consecrate'  (And for all I know, 'consecrate' may very well be in our
religious list of words.  vISovbe'.)

 *IF* I remember, toH'a' is the Klingon word for God.  Find an English
synonyn for 'consecrated' (chosen, honored, etc.) And you're half-way there.

> So I was thinking of trying to
> describe my personality, perhaps HaghwI' (I really *do* roll on the floor
> laughing out loud occasionally).

That could work.  My friend tevram was named by her husband.  tevram is a
descriptive name, rather than a translation.

Qapla'
chuQun
Klingon for Heidi {{;)

Back to archive top level