tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 09 06:47:54 1995

Re: Re PetaQ

>Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 18:16:53 -0400
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected]

>I have made a decission based on the facts.
>A: If Mr.(or is it Dr.) Okrand will not respond to me directlly then I must
>accept your word.

That's big of you.

>B: What I ment by asking correction was if you agreed that "be'taH" could be
>veiwed as "Negative woman".

OK.  I thought we answered this as well (are you insisting on confirmation,
or asking?)  As a single word, "be'taH" is incorrect, since be' is a noun
and "taH" is a verb or verb-suffix, and we have no evidence of productive
compounding of nouns with verbs or verb-suffixes.

As two words, I think I would accept "be' taH" as "woman at a negative
angle", but frankly I haven't a clue what you mean by "negative woman" (one
made of antimatter?)  If you want to use it as a noun + adjectival verb
construction to describe a woman who is, say, lying head-downwards on a
ramp, then yes, I'd say it's legitimate.  I can't really see any other
meaning for it.

>C: Does anyone have an address where Mr. Okrand can be reached? I need it for
>a request that has to do with my school's Sci-Fi club(founded by yours
>truely) and it's interest in tlhIngan Hol.

You might try seeing if Lawrence can relay messages.  I'm not sure of
Dr. Okrand's policy regarding giving out his address.

~mark

Back to archive top level