tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 01 08:11:14 1995

Re: new one = trigger

     On Wed, 31 May 95 Alan Anderson wrote

     >I have an amusing thought.  Occasionally we refer to a newcomer as a
     >{chu'wI'} "one who is new".
     Snip
     >All too often, we see misguided attempts to enlarge the vocabulary.
     >"Trigger" again; usually a few well-crafted arguments suffice to
     >convince the offender that to "make" novel words is a bad thing, but
     >sometimes the ripples continue for a long time.

     mu'vam vIrurqu' {{:-) > (This isn't as funny in Klingon.)

     Misguided attempt hunh?  I thought we were supposed to try to attempt
     to come up with compound words to describe non-cannon words.  Well I'm
     a chu'wI' so I guess I'll be triggering things for awhile.

     >-- ghunchu'wI'

     r'Hul

Back to archive top level