tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 27 11:15:35 1995

Re: }}} KKB: Another Kid's story

>Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 00:33:06 -0500
>From: [email protected] (Alan Anderson)

>ghItlh Do'val:

>May I point out some problems I encountered while translating it?

>> yImev SoH, pob tIq ghaHbogh 'Iv

>"You, STOP, who which he has long hair."
>I think the {-bogh} takes care of what you're trying to say with {'Iv}.
>I'd say {yImev pob tIq SoHbogh SoH'e'} "You who have long hair, STOP."

Isn't that "You who *are* long hair"?  pronoun+-bogh always sounds a little
weird to me, but I've used it myself so I guess I can't complain.  It looks
like you want "pob tIq Daghajbogh SoH'e'", right?

~mark

Back to archive top level