tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 29 15:22:32 1995

Re: KLBC: Lao-tzu in Klingon, 2

According to tsai kat clio-international:

> The sentence I wanted to present needs further battle.
> Therefore, I submit the following from_Tao-teh ching-,
> (Wang Pi text), Chapter 68:
>
>      HoS 'angbe' SuvwI' po'.

In the English below, you mention that it is "his" strength.
You may wish to add the suffix {-Daj} to the first word. I
think it still suits the meter well, more literally follows
your translation and is still simple enough to suit the degree
of efficiency and elegance the topic deserves.

>      A fairly literal translation from Chinese to
>      English is "One who is good at being a military
>      man does not display his military strength," and
>      I have rephrased somewhat to say
>
>      "A skilled warrior does not reveal his strength."
>
> DalughmoHchugh jIQuch.

I appreciate your choice of works from which to translate and
your sensitivity to the feel of the original work. It comes
across nicely in your Klingon.

> Qapla'
>
> rIn {{8-)

charghwI'