tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 25 17:21:24 1995

Another try at some Klingon...

	nuqneH,
	 	I have been practicing some more, and have come up with this.
How does it stand up grammatically?

	chalDaq puv puvlaHbogh Ha'DIbaH'oy' tin.
	bIng juHDaq QongtaHvIS puvlaHbogh Ha'DIbaH mach.
	QongtaH ghaH! QongtaH ghaH!
	Sal Hov wov!
	ngab retlh yavDaq 'engbogh.
 	po QaQ! po QaQ jatlh puvlaHbogh Ha'DIbaH mach.

	Also, I have some questions. How does puvlaHbogh Ha'DIbaH do as bird?
Is it understandable? Does puvlaHbogh Ha'DIbaH'oy' approximate 'birdie'? or am
I misunderstanding this suffix? Is bIng jaHDaq grammatically correct for 'below
in the house'? What about retlh yavDaq 'engbogh for 'clouds which are next to
the ground'? Does that approximate 'fog'? Is there a better way to say fog?
	I think I have begun to get a grasp of aspect. Does -laH and -lI' turn
a verb into a 'am verb-ing' structure? For example jIQong is I sleep, jIQongtaH
is I am sleeping, right? Thank you very much for your help.

				Qapla'
				   achghuQ

Back to archive top level