tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 17 19:33:04 1995

More fun!

Just when you thought it was safe to go home.

After spending all day working on things, I have the remotely recent
tlhIngan-Hol archives online! There are now THREE (count them: Three)
different ways to access any archive between January, 1994, and present.

Way number one: FTP. FTP to ftp.kli.org, and look in /pub/Archives.
Archives for January 1994 through today are available. The most recent
archive (i.e. for this month) will automatically be updated as new
mail comes in. The files are stored uncompressed, but MAY be gotten
compressed by simply adding a .Z or .gz to the filename you're
requesting -- They'll be compressed on the fly.

Way number two: World Wide Web. This won't be ready until later tonight,
but you'll like it. Remember the message from a few days ago, talking about
the web archives browsable via date, thread, subject, or author? I've now
done that for January 1994 through current. There will be a pointer to
the back-issue archives on the homepage (http://www.kli.org) as soon as
this is ready.

Way number three: The mailing list itself. It'll take me through tonight
to finish the updates, but the complete collection will be get-able
from the mailing list. Send a request, with an empty header, to
'[email protected]', with 'list tlhIngan-Hol' in the body. The return mail
will be messy and spammy, but will let you know what's available, how
many pieces it will be split up into to mail, and how big each piece is.
To get a file, send a messsage, with an empty header, to [email protected],
with 'get tlhIngan-Hol filename' in the body.

Coming soon: A web page to allow you to search all the archives for
key terms, and let you jump immediately to messages that meet your
criteria. In theory, we'll be able to limit searches to specific timeframes,
posters, subjects, etc.

Also! The interactive listprocessor will be going on soon, for those that
have access to telnet, but not the world wide web.

Neat things are happening. And there's so much more to come...

									-WW

Back to archive top level