tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 11 07:49:56 1995

Re: HolQeD 3.4. -wI'

According to David Barron:

> ~marc, charghwI',
> I would like your opinion on Prochel's proclaimation that -wI'
> can be added to a verb to mean "one who is" as in HeghwI' "dead man".

He also mentioned Heghpu'wI', which struck me as MUCH better.
To me, HeghwI' means "one who dies", which doesn't tell you
much since all of us fit that description.

> Do you feel this is acceptable tlhIngan Hol?

Basically, Okrand makes exceptions from time to time when he
creates words and Proechel wants the right to do the same thing
any time he wants. I'm surprised he doesn't note the typos in
TKD and conclude that it is okay to omit the apostrophe in
{-'egh} and that a lowercase {S} is okay. Basically, he is yet
another person discontent to learn and use the language, much
more interested in making it his own by changing it wherever he
feels he can justify doing so.

Using his own interpretation of {-wI'} meaning "one who is", I'd
call him {QIpwI'}.

> --
> David Barron || [email protected]  ||   lup Hoch yIyInqu'
>    Klingon Language Postal Course       ||   qaStaHvIS wa' lup
>     P.O. Box 37, Eagle ID 83616         || yInpu' wa'netlh yInmey
> IT'S FREE!!! Send S.A.S.E (Not available by e-mail so don't ask!)

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \