tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 02 06:17:56 1995

New Canon

qajatlhqu'!

qoSwI'mo' loSmaHDIch jIHvaD Doch 'IHqu' je' bangwI'. It is
called a "Lighted Musical Star Globe Holodome (tm)". Well, it's
one of those glitter-snow water filled crystal balls with
little flashing lights in the base and a rotating cowling that
covers 2/3 of the globe and provides a background of stars and
a second image of a Klingon Bird of Prey. (My favorite ST ship
design, of course). The disruptors are bent in a little, like
they are shooting something about 10 meters off the bow, but
hey, it's a beautiful model poised at a nice, dramatic angle.

So what's musical about it? Well, press a button on the back of
the base and a 1/2" speaker plays a movie-music background
added to what I immediately recognized as the intro to CK.
Neat, huh?

And it comes with a card that says:

Translation of Klingon dialog:

       KLINGONS (sic) WARRIORS IN BACKGROUND
The Engine is over heating! The enemy is approaching!
What are your orders?... Oh, @#$%!!!... We will die with honor!...

                  COMMANDER
Get the torpedoes ready! Deactivate the cloaking device!...
Fire!

Given this, I am able to confirm that what sounds like three
voices (Okrand, a second male and a female) are saying:

[Okrand]
tujqu'choH QuQ!

[woman]
nughoS jagh (sounds like luroS chaH)

[Man]
chay' jura'?

[Okrand]
Qu'vatlh!
batlh maHegh (sounds like vaj baHergh)

cha yIghuS!

[man]
So'wI' yIchu'Ha'! (last syllable sounds like separate word)

[Okrand]
baH!

Then, beyond the translated text, it sounds like:

bIjeghbe'chugh vaj bIHegh. tlhIngan maH.

I know that most of this was already figured out a year or two
ago, but it is nice to have the translations confirmed so we
can nail down the parts we were less sure about. I forgot who
figured out the {tujqu'choH QuQ}, but they should be commended
once again. And I'm pleased to see I was right about {chay'
jura'}.

charghwI'
--

 \___