tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 01 13:49:49 1995

Re: KLBC

Just a quickie, in case it takes me a while to get to this properly.

charghwI' says:

>> maneHnISqu' vajpu' ghajqang quv.
>> (we really need warriors willing to have honor!)
>
>You need to work on word order and prefixes. This means, "We
>very much need to want. Honor is willing to have warriors." Try:
>
>quv ghajqangbogh vajpu''e' wIpoQbej.

Got to correct you here, charghwI'.  One of the more common prefix
mistakes: "we" with plural object uses "DI-", so this should be "DIpoQbej"
at the end... which would probably make the "vajpu'" more clearly the
head-noun even if you omitted the "-'e'" flag, since plural honors aren't
likely to be discussed.

~mark

Back to archive top level