tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 23 07:22:11 1995

Strange New World Book

Well well well.

Once more we have found our way into the mundane world.  A co-worker of
mine yesterday told me that he had just bought the 1995 World Book
Encyclopedia, and his son had found mention of the KBTP therein.  He
brought the volume in question in today, and I saw the article.

In the "Events of 1994" Year Book, on page 316 (with "Newsmakers of 1994"
as the heading on the top of the page), right next to a picture of Michael
Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley-Jackson, there's an article entitled "Bible
Trek."  Ayup, our very own project.

It looks like they got most of their info from the Wall Street Journal
article; the KLI is mentioned by name and abbreviation, and stated to be
based in Flourtown, PA, tho the address is not given and no names are
mentioned.  The Shakespeare translation is also mentioned at the very end
(last sentence: "The KLI is also working on a translation of the complete
works of William Shakespeare.")

They do have a minor error or two; they talk about how the loaves and
fishes miracle becomes bloodpies and serpent-worms, which I believe is
related to the schism between the KBTP and Glen Proechel's version and the
bloodpie/serpent-worm bit is characteristic of Glen's and not the KLI's.
Oh well.  But hey, press.

Lawrence, a photocopy of the page is heading your way when I can find an
envelope.

~mark

Back to archive top level