tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 20 01:54:52 1995

Re: bogh SuvwI'

ghItlhpu' Alan Anderson:
> I want to say "movie" or "video" so I tried {HaSta vIH} ...
This seems to mean "he/she/it moves the visual display". If {vIH} could be
used as a gerund noun (which TKD doesn't seem to allow), {HaSta vIH} would
also mean "the movement of the visual display". {vIHbogh HaSta}?

I tend to call a screen {HaStajIH} = "visual_display screen" rather than plain
{jIH}, to distinguish from {jIH} = "I, me".

I don't see what is unlikely about still pictures in Star Trek times, for use
when a still picture is all that is needed. It takes less storage space, and
no fancy equipment to view it. One thing that strikes me as wasteful is, at
tourist sites, people taking movie film of stationary objects.

How in Klingon do I say "<noun> is <noun>"? e.g. "Maltz is a Klingon"?
{matlh tlhIngan} = "the Klingon belonging to Maltz";
{tlhIngan matlh} = "the [one called] Maltz who belongs to a/the Klingon".
Neither of these are right: what <do> I say?

Back to archive top level