tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 17 13:42:47 1995

Re: vaj

>What about the coordiational function of "then"? beje'be'chugh
>vaj bIHegh. I guess I'm a little confused about it being an
>adverbial in that sentence (or any other of the if/then
>variety). I am probably just confused.

No need to be. In {bIje'be'chugh vaj bIHegh}, {vaj} is an adverbial of the
clause {bIHegh}. There is only one main verb in the sentence, which happens
to also have a subordinate {-chugh} clause.

Meanwhile, there is no question about it:

>I .... can't.... deal .... with .... it...

And this line from another post proves it. You need a vacation. Let's haul in
the next BG, lest charghwI' suffers from burnout.

Guido

Back to archive top level