tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 06 13:42:16 1995

BG drowning in success

As the subject hints, as pleased as I am to see so many people
here excelling in their writing skills, I am finding myself
somewhat overwhelmed, since most of the more lengthy and
complex messages seem to want a response from me. Well, as the
number of people who can create such a message increases and as
the quantity of their posts increases, my ability to respond to
each of them diminishes. While my skills with the language have
expanded substantially, thanks to such quantities of original
text written in the warrior tongue, dealing with different
people's chosen vocabularies and grammatical styles, reading
can still be a slow process for me.

I've made a sustained effort to rarely allow myself to fall
behind in my responses (largely because I do not handle a
backlog well) and I feel REALLY frustrated when I start to feel
like I can't continue to do that. I think we need to consider
restructuring the Grammarian, Beginners' Grammarian system.

I don't have any immediate suggestions. I just know that if the
quantity keeps growing, I will not be able to continue to
respond with the quantity and quality that I have tried to
offer up to this point.

I'll try to hang in there until ~mark and maybe even Krankor
return from focusing on other projects, and maybe if Holtej can
kick in some... I really think Krankor would be ecstatic over
the quantity and quality of the writing here recently. I know
*I* am.

Meanwhile, my group household wants me to spend more time
cleaning house and doing errands. The band in which I play bass
wants me to spend more time rehearsing music. Mom's back in the
Intensive Psychiatric Unit, and if I don't get to the gym and
climb a few walls a little more often, I may not be far behind
her. I'm supposed to learn lots-o-stuff about Windows 95,
Plug'n'Play, WWW, installing Mosaic and NetScape and continue
to solve all the virus problems, software or hardware
configuration problems that leave other people around here
stumped.

I don't think I'm Type A enough to get away with all this.
Some days I think my brain is just going to stall out.

Oh, and I haven't said anything about hormones yet.

Anyway, I'm getting kinda tense and if I fall a little behind,
it is not because I'm less committed to the cause. My clutch is
just slipping a little, okay?

charghwI'
--

 \___