tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 03 20:21:57 1995

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 98

> First, let me apologize -- while I thought transliterations of proper
> nouns might be a special case, I do realize that there is a "rule" about
> coining original words in tlhIngan Hol.  So clearly englanDngan Hol is
> right out.
>
> Also, to comment on the "ethnocentrism" about Federation Standard being
> English: back in the days of TOS (before everyone had a universal
> translator on their shirt) there were several episodes where the crew
> interacted with 20th Century Americans, in English.  Now this means
> that either the senior officers of the Big _E_ all knew Fed. Standard,
> and English, and the producers didn't feel like noting the difference,
> or Fed Standard is, in fact, English.
>
> Chris
> reH yay'a' chavjaj tlhIngan wo'

Do you think you could tell me the name or address of an Admin of this
mailing list? I have mailed them 6 times to unsubscribe (and I am typing
it correctly :)) and they still keep sending me the mail. Think you can
help me out? Thanks.

jay.

--
     |  |~~~~|  |  /  |~~~~|  ~~|~~    /\     |  /    Jaishal P. Kotak
     |  |____|  | /   |    |    |     /  \    | /   Pronounced: JAY-SHUL :)
     |  |       |/\   |    |    |    /----\   |/\    "All good things..."
|____|. |    .  |  \  |____|    |   /      \  |  \      -Final episode of TNG.

Back to archive top level