tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 02 03:42:35 1995

Klingon Karaoke (ugh!)

I just got hold of the British music magazine "Vox". It has a series of
articles about Star Trek (Generations opens here in the next week or
so). On p.21, it has some bits of song 'translated' into Klingon, by
someone named Alexander T. Greene. I will give you a copy of what he has
written. I don't know most of the songs - I guess they  are mostly
fairly recent.

WHIGFIELD

'Saturday Night Di Di Di Da Da'
{Hogh rIn ram va va va va va}

'Saturday Night, I feel the air is getting hot'
{hogh rIn ram SoH rur tujchoHlaw' muD}

'Like you baby'
{bangoy}

'I'll make you mine you know'
{SoH qaaghajchoHmoH 'e' DaSov}

'I'll take you to the top'
{SalvuSDaq qatlhej}

'I'll drive you crazy'
{qamaw'choHmoH}

BLUR

'Parklife'
{yotlhDaq yIn}

'It's not about your Vorsprung durch technic you know'
{chammo' tlhetlh 'oHbe' DochlIj 'e' DaSov}

'And it's not about you joggers who go round and round'
{ghoHeDaq Sulengbogh qetwI'pu' tlhIHbe' Doch'e' je}

OASIS

'Supersonic'
{Do nom law' chuS nom puS}

'I know a girl called Elsa'
{*ElSa* ponglu'bogh be'Hom vISov}

'She's into Alka-Selzer'
{poq hergh parHa' parHa' ghaH}

'She sniffs it through a cane on the supersonic train'
lupwI' ghomDaq Do nom law' chuS nom puS naQHom lo'bogh ghIchDajDaq Qay}

SHAMPOO

'Trouble'
{Seng}

'Uh-oh, we're in trouble'
{Qu'vatlh maSengchoH}

'Something's come along and it's burst our bubble'
{paw vay' 'ej moQmaj Qaw'ta'}

2 UNLIMITED

'There's No Limit'
{vuS pagh}

'No no no no no no no no no no'
{ghobe' ghobe' ghobe' ghobe' ghobe'}

'There's no limit'
{ghobe' vuS tu'lu'be'}

********************
I have tidied this up only a little - only obvious mistakes in the
magazine. I take *no* responsibility for the songs. I am just curious to
see what everyone makes of the translation.

Enjoy!

{qSeroHS veyn}
--
Niall Hosking
aka Kserokhs Vaene

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level