tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 31 14:02:21 1995

Re[2]: }} jIjot 'ej jIQuch

I just thought of something.

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995 ~mark wrote:

>But  "Hot" also troubles me.  "Hot" is glossed as "touch, feel."  We
>generally have taken Okrand's use of two words as explanatory and
>restrictive, rather than additive.
<snip>
>So "Hot" to me seems to be the physical act of touching something, or to
>feel something *in the sense* of putting your finger on it to determine
>what it feels like.  It doesn't seem to be "to sense internally"

(Please realize that I'm playing Devil's advocate here.)

Then what about:

"The song touched me deeply."

"To touch the sky."

"I feel your pain."

If the object is intangible then why not use <Hot>?

If not, Troi is going to have one heck of a hard time visiting Worf's family.

r'Hul

Back to archive top level