tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 31 11:52:50 1995

Re: }} jIjot 'ej jIQuch

ghItlh ~mark:

> >Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 09:29:22 -0400 (EDT)
> >From: "Elizabeth C. Hoyt" <[email protected]>
>
> >[tlheghmeQ floats peacefully into the room]
>
> >'IH DaHjaj.
> >*sing Ha'DIbaHmey.
> >QaQ tI pIw.
> >De'wI' jItu'.
>
> Should be "De'wI' vItu'", right?

Of course, how foolish of me. That's what you get when you walk around
with your head in the clouds. (No r'Hul, unfortunately I'm not in love ;)

> >qach retlhDaq 'oH DujwIj'e'.
>
> It's not bad.

whew! ':)

[Snip]
> Maybe "Sum" is intransitive, and you have to do:
>
> Sum DujwIj qach je.

[Snip]
> It makes more sense to me that "Sum" is transitive, and its object is
> the thing that the subject is near to, giving us:
>
> qach Sum DujwIj.
[Snip]

>From what you've said, I think so too.

> > I hit `send' accidentally. I also wanted to say that I couldn't find
> > the word for `sing'. (?)

> "bom".  See HolQeD 2.4.

I've gotta get the back-issues soon. I'll have money just as soon as some
freshmen start finding MBS-133 difficult enough that they need a tutor. ;)

Peace and Long Life 'ej Qapla'
Liz (tlheghmeQ joq)

Back to archive top level