tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 18 16:14:32 1995

Re: }} 2 mailing lists now ???

I believe you're not taking the long view.  One of the truly incredible
things Jay's stewardship of the mailing gave us was the complete index of all
posts (searchable by poster, date, title, and keyword) ever made to the list.
 This is a great resource, particularly for folks starting late (and believe
me, you can expect to see more and more people joinging the list, becoming
more fluent in Klingon, and adding their own cha' DeQmey.

I don't see two separate lists as being desirable.  We have the KLBC header
for newbies to post to, and I believe there are only a handful of readers of
this list who would not benefit from skimming thru those beginners' posts.
 As for the endless annoyance of whiners adding and trying to unsubscribe,
they seem to be part of the list, and having two lists won't change that.

I appreciate David's efforts in maintaining this temporary mailing list,
particularly since we did not envision the KLI machine being down this long.
 But it was intended as temporary from the beginning, and David is well aware
of this.

Jay is making great progress bringing the KLI machine back to full operation
and I have every confidence that he will continue to do so.  While it might
be a while before the FTP site is back up, I believe we'll have the formal
mailing list up and running again very soon.

Qapla'

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   :: The KLI is a nonprofit ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   :: tax exempt corporation ::
:: POB 634, Flourtown, PA 19031 USA :: DaH HuchlIj'e' ghonob  ::

Back to archive top level