tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 14 10:30:09 1995

}} GOWRON TALKS: Robert O'Reilly Press Release (Regarding IRECON 5 Ireland International Star Trek Fan Conference

HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA
PRESS RELEASE

"GOWRON' - Klingon leader from Star Trek returns to ancestral home.
IRECON 5 - A convention for Star Trek.
Fans in Galway, Ireland will host ROBERT O'REILLY - The Klingon's leader
"Gowron"
- from the TV series STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, on September 16 & 17,
1995.

O'Reilly's recent move to Deep Space Nine, (another Star Trek show) has created
quite a stir as a major conflict (does this mean war?) will occur between
the Federation
and Klingons.
Robert's true ancestry however, besides being a Klingon, is 100% Irish.
Says Robert
"although my family has been in the U.S. since the 1890's we have never lost
touch with
our people".

The Reilly's and Kiernans are from Longford, and Robert has visited them on many
occasions, including a special trip for the ordination of a second cousin,
Patrick, in 1988.
Both sides of the family been traveling back and forth between Ireland and
America
since the 1920's.  "It's a lot of fun having relatives in another country,
and we Yanks, as
you call us are proud of our Irish ancestry.  Every time I arrive in Ireland
I immediately
feel at home".

Robert's mothers side of the family immigrated to America in the early
1840's, and still
in the family's possession are letters sent to them from Ireland, telling of
a terrible blight
on the potato crops and warning their son not to return home until it was over.

The Klingon leader has a lot of ground to cover while in Ireland this time,
with relatives
in Dublin, Galway, and Kinsale as well as Longford.  "It will be fun to see
everyone
again, and I'm hoping that some of them can come to the Star Trek convention in
Galway".

For more information on Irecon 5, contact Anny Wise, Star Trek Conference,
telephone number 061--472812.

If any publications are interested in a telephone with Robert, please
contact Damon
Wise. Submitted on the net by: Damon Matthew Wise ([email protected]) for the
European Star
Trek List ([email protected]).  Contact details available on request
for Press and Con purposes.
Peter Wise (also Damon, Anny and Karen Wise, AUTINET, IRECON 5, the Star
Trek Co-op (Star Trek Conferences and Meetings (Ireland) Ltd), Irish Star
Trek Federation, Federation {Star Trek Fan Association in} Europe Society
Ltd); The Informal Baha'i Star Trek Society (formed at World Congress, New
York, November 1992);

Personal E-Mail to:          [email protected]

Damon Matthew Wise, Sys. Op. Toppsi Star Trek E-mail Service:
Star Trek Voyager; Deep Space Nine; news developments, AUTINET Project;
FEDENET; Irish, UK and European Fan Information and news

Star Trek Postings to:       [email protected]
to subscribe to the list send a message to [email protected]
with in subject and header, the following message:
subscribe trek [Firstname] [Surname] [E-mail Address]

Snail: Mail to: 4 Lisin, Tullyglass, Shannon Town Co. Clare; Tel/Fax:
(INT-353/0)61-472812;  Damon Wise, Federation Europe, Tel: (INT-353/0)61-361986

Back to archive top level